Safety has always been Dive Paradise’s number one priority. Our efforts start with new government regulations and DAN International recommendations, but go even further. New policies also include touchless electronic waivers, food safety practices, and more. We want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy diving, knowing that every effort is being made to keep both guests and staff protected.
The following new protocols are now in effect:
- Our boat trips are running at reduced capacity to maximize social distancing.
- Our public store locations and desks are cleaned and disinfected twice a day.
- Our boats are cleaned and disinfected in the morning at the harbor before all dive trips, and again after the trips. During trips, our crew has disinfectant products to keep cleaning as needed, especially high-touch surfaces such as w.c. handles, bars, ladder, etc.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for guest use and convenience at all our locations.
- All Dive Paradise staff are wearing masks.
- We request that all guests observe social distancing, avoid physical contact, and use face masks as much as possible. We have reusable 3-layer cotton masks for sale in our shops at $5 each.
- We ask all Divers to submit their Waiver and Diver Registration Form online, rather than in person. These forms are best filled out prior to arrival, or if on-island, they can still be accessed via personal smartphones or tablets.
- We ask all Divers to please follow DAN International recommendations to protect oneself and others:
- Wash hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Practice respiratory hygiene for cough/sneeze etiquette
- Seek medical care early for a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
- Stay informed and follow advice given by one’s healthcare provider
- Any diver who experiences COVID-19 symptoms during their trip is required to inform Dive Paradise staff immediately and will not be allowed to join dive trips. If such circumstances arise, a customer can call the Dive Paradise office to arrange a rain check for future visits.
- Divers with their own gear are free to use our fresh water tank, which contains quaternary ammonia with sufficient concentration to safely sanitize dive equipment.
- For rental equipment, please note: regulators are rented without mouth pieces. These are also available for purchase from our shop and other scuba boutiques in town. If Divers bring their own, we can help install them.
- Divers are required to clean and rinse rental equipment each day during their diving schedule.
- On-board food is now organized into sealed sack lunches for each individual Diver.
- We request that all guests bring their own drinking water bottle. Reusable bottles are also available for purchase at our store and at local grocery stores.
💙 Thank you for your collaboration! 💙