Safety has always been Dive Paradise’s number one priority. Our efforts start with new government regulations and DAN International recommendations, but go even further. New policies also include touchless electronic waivers, food safety practices, testing on site at hotels, and more. We want our guests to be able to relax and enjoy diving, knowing that every effort is being made to keep both guests and staff protected.
Let’s work together to keep you, your loved ones, and our beloved Cozumel safe!
We ask of our guests:
- Thank you for wearing your masks on the island, to support the local effort to protect everyone’s health and safety! While in our shops and during boarding, we request that all guests use face masks, observe social distancing, and avoid physical contact as much as possible. We have reusable 3-layer cotton masks for sale in our shops at $5 each.
- We ask all Divers to submit their Waivers and Diver Registration Forms online, rather than in person. These forms are best filled out prior to arrival. If on-island, they can be accessed via personal smartphones or tablets.
- We ask all guests to bring their own drinking water bottle. Reusable bottles are also available for purchase at our store and at local grocery stores.
- We ask any Diver who experiences a fever, cough, or headache to not to join dive trips, to avoid risks to others. If such circumstances arise, a customer can call our office to cancel and receive full credit for future visits when you feel better. Please do not travel if experiencing symptoms.
- We ask all Divers to follow DAN International recommendations to protect oneself and others:
- Wash hands frequently
- Maintain social distancing
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover nose/mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing.
- Seek medical care early for a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing. Locally, we recommend Cozumel International Hospital if needed.
- Stay informed and follow advice given by one’s healthcare provider
We provide for our guests and community:
- All Dive Paradise staff are wearing masks at all times – in the shops, on the piers, and also on the boats.
- Hand sanitizer is readily available for guest use and convenience at all our locations.
- Our boat trips are running at reduced capacity to maximize social distancing.
- Our public store locations and desks are cleaned and disinfected twice a day.
- Our boats are cleaned and disinfected in the morning at the harbor before all dive trips, and again after the trips. During trips, our crew has disinfectant products to keep cleaning as needed, especially high-touch surfaces such as w.c. handles, bars, ladder, etc.
- On-board food is now organized into sealed sack lunches for each individual Diver.
- Divers with their own gear are free to use our fresh water tank, which contains quaternary ammonia with sufficient concentration to safely sanitize dive equipment.
- For rental equipment, please note: regulators are rented without mouth pieces. These are also available for purchase from our shop and other scuba boutiques in town. If Divers bring their own, we can help install them.
- Divers are required to clean and rinse rental equipment each day during their diving schedule.
For information on Covid-19 testing for return travel, click here:
💙 Thank you for your collaboration! 💙