Bad Weather and Unforeseen Circumstances
Dive Paradise strives to ensure that all trip arrangements will run as planned. However, we occasionally need to make changes including altering, postponing or canceling dives due to weather and other circumstances or safety considerations.
If the ocean swells make docking on the hotel piers unsafe, we may move boarding to Marina Fonatur for everyone’s safety. In these cases we will organize taxi services.
If the Mexican Marine and Federal Authorities determine conditions are unsafe for tourist maritime activities, they will close the ports and we will be required to pause dive operations. If such circumstances occur during your visit, it is essential to stay in touch with our shop to confirm any rescheduling. The port could reopen, allowing boats to go out later in the day, or we will try to reschedule the missed dive for another day during your stay. Having a phone/text/WhatsApp# where we can reach you while on Cozumel is most helpful for our trip planning in these cases.
If rescheduling is not possible, we can also provide a rain check for the same type of dive trip, to be used within two years with an advance reservation (required to confirm availability/scheduling). Rain checks must be requested and arranged at our main office in Cozumel, before leaving the island at the end of your trip.
Mother Nature is unpredictable, so we STRONGLY advise all divers to obtain trip insurance that covers reimbursement for missed dives due to port closures and other unforeseen circumstances.