Group Leader Guidelines & Reminders
DEMA 2023 Specials for 2024 Travel
To qualify as a Group: All guests must arrive and depart on the same date, and dive the same schedule, including welcome tank shore dives.
We can dedicate a boat to your group with 12 divers or more
Changes to Your Reservation:
- Changes to the # of guests or rooms must be requested before confirming to your travelers. Changes are not guaranteed until confirmed by our US Reservations Office.
- Changes/new bookings made within 30 days of arrival require separate payment at time of booking.
- Custom Additions listed are guaranteed prices when booked and paid in advance, and commissionable.
- Changes/Additions made after arrival are paid directly to the shop in $MXN Pesos without comps or commission. Preview on-island pricing HERE.
Communications: The Group Leader serves as the point of contact (asks questions, makes requests, changes, etc., on behalf of the participants), and collects payments from the participants.
- Safety is #1! Group Leader please send all participants this link: Diver Registration Form & Waiver, to submit their forms ASAP, preferably at least 14 days prior to 1st scheduled activity. Divers under the age 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. An additional Medical Statement is required from Adaptive Divers and Diving Students.
- Group Leader must send us a copy of the Group logo at least 30 days prior to arrival, so we can prepare the Co-branded T-shirts, included for each diver, displaying the group logo & trip date on the front, and Dive Paradise logo on the back. (Shirts for non-divers are available at $20 USD in advance or $326 MXN Pesos on island.)
- Group Leader please share a copy of our Trip Planning Document with participants prior to their arrival.
- Please ensure all participants meet all passport, visa, and health requirements of MX and countries transited to/from MX.
- Please read our policies and correspondence carefully. Dive Paradise is not responsible for problems arising from failure to adhere to instructions in our emails and policies.
- A minimum of 4 divers are required for PM 1-tank trips, twilight trips and night dives.
- Gratuities for the dive staff are at your discretion.
- Round trip transfers are not included with packages. Please view the Airport Transfers and Taxi Information in the Trip Planning Document for information about getting from the airport to the hotel.
Due to our cancellation policies and the unexpected events that can occur, Dive Paradise STRONGLY recommends that all divers consider obtaining international medical coverage, and/or a comprehensive travel insurance policy with coverage that includes cancellation, medical, personal liability and coverage for dives canceled due to bad weather/port closures. It is each customer’s responsibility to obtain appropriate insurance for their reservation. For US and Canadian citizens, we suggest travel insurance from either The Divers Alert Network (DAN) or DiveAssure. For all other nationalities, we recommend travel insurance from DiveAssure.
Pricing updates: Given the volatile nature of fuel prices, inflation and currency exchange rates, Dive Paradise periodically makes changes to pricing. We make every effort to publish pricing changes with at least 60 days notice.